Financial Planning for New Parents
We know you’re sleep-deprived, so we’re not going to make this more complicated than it has to be. This course is for new parents who want to create a DIY financial plan for their family.
They want to know: 1) What do I need to do? and 2) Where do I get it done?
This course is hosted by John Bodnar, CFP®, CIMA®, and the founder and CEO of Bodnar Financial Advisors. It covers the basics of financial planning for new parents, including:
- Insight from a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) professional with over 30 years of experience in the industry
- Easy-to-use household budget templates, net worth balance sheets, and other worksheets to get your finances organized
- “Plain English” explanations of concepts that can make or break your financial health
- A guide to the fundamentals of financial planning, including how to: calculate your net worth, make a budget, maximize your benefits, save for college, pay off debt, create an estate plan, and more!
- A “New Parent Action Checklist” to jump start your DIY financial plan
This course also covers new parent FAQ’s, including:
- Can we afford daycare?
- Should we rent or buy a home?
- Is it better to use extra income to pay off student loans, or contribute to our child’s college savings plan?
- Can we afford to be a single-income family?
- Wills, life insurance, estate planning. Are we doing enough to protect our family?
- Are we taking advantage of our employee retirement benefits?
- What is the best way to pay off our medical bills?
- Should we buy or lease a car?
It is never too late to start planning your financial future. Today is the day to take control of your money. Let’s get started!